PLN in practice was something that came organically. I unknowingly was using PLN in spaces and platforms I was not aware I was actively doing so. The one example I would like to share is when I was posting my handwritten poetry on social media. As I posted and shared regularly, I attracted similar accounts that shared similar interests and content. The engagement on these posts grew exponentially that we connected in person, we performed and shared poetry in a setting outside of our screens. This showed more evidence, of our similar content does come together and how everything encapsulates the beauty of learning networks.

Secondly, I am also actively researching emotional intelligence. I used Google maps to locate emotional intelligence companies nearby, and reached out to multiple practices, and made appointments with CEOs and supervisors to discuss topics related. I reached out to a company called EITC who is situated in British Columbia. Initially in Vancouver and now they moved to North Saanich here in Vancouver island. How crazy is that? i reached out to David Cory, and talked about different opportunities and read through different blogs and am inspired and in awe of how as we use our learning networks not only do we get to learn about these different channels but also be connected to inspiring individuals. Links to their companies are referenced below. The material they shared explored more in-depth of how their blogs, social media and how they have used social media to their best advantage like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Google!

David Cory on EITC.