Figure1. V &R mapping of my personally most used sites.

What digital platforms are students currently using to develop their professional network?

Students are currently using Linked-in, Instagram, and Twitter to build a portfolio that is helpful in bigger corporations. Additionally, youtube aids in helping to attract a community of people of similar interests. However, in recent app developments, Tik Tok has also emerged as a social platform to spread information and create more networks online.

What could the student consider in expanding their professional learning network?

Despite leaving digital footprints across these websites like cookies and the help of algorithms, to help expand professional learning networks, the idea of tagging using hashtags can help gain more of a target audience. Furthermore, knowing what type of content is helpful to put out is extremely helpful for other content creators or students in expanding their personal learning network.

Discover what an employer would find based on your V+R Map if you applied for a job with them.

I would assume an employer who looks at my V & R map would think I am an avid reader and passionate about research. I reckon the employer would assume I have a social presence that may be helpful in reaching a larger audience.